So what does it take to be a part of the 99 collective? Well, not much. And a whole lot. On the one hand, this isn’t an exclusive group with memberships and dues or anything like that. We’re just a bunch of people trying to be agents of transformation. If you’re working for restored and reconciled life for the 1 and the 99, then as far as we’re concerned, you’re a part of the collective as well.
On the other hand, we’re also asking a lot of each other. We like to think of ourselves as a group bound to one another by a covenant. All we mean is that we are accountable to each other and promise to live out our lives, to the best of our abilities, with certain values. This is our response to the call of God in our lives. And we invite anyone interested in trying to live to these ideals to join this covenant.
These values and goals come from a concept called “Accompaniment” which you can learn more about here. Here’s a summary of what we understand God to be asking of us:
- Struggle for full inclusion of all people in the communities we’re a part of; always asking, “Who is not here? Whose voice isn’t being heard?”
- Work for equity in the systems that create and maintain inequity.
- Seek and share information that keeps our eyes open to (in)justice and prepare to be transformed by what we discover.
- Acknowledge and seek the expertise and power held by all, especially those whose inherent expertise and knowledge has been silenced or dismissed.
- Practice a spirituality that develops empathy, sees capacity potential, and embodies the values of Accompaniment.
If this vision resonates with you, then we ask you to join us by signing this statement as a sign of your commitment toward a restored and reconciled community. Then continue to explore how people like you are ushering in a new and exciting age of compassion, justice, equity and diversity. Together, we can co-create a powerful new reality for our world. Join Us!
In anticipation of our completion together,
-The 99 Collective